The Dress Decision
A wedding is recognized as one of the most awaited events in a woman’s life. It is when she decides to be united with the man she loves and finally live with him for the rest of her life.
Preparing this kind of event requires careful planning in order to achieve the kind of wedding that the bride has always dreamed of. From the theme of the occasion to the venue of the reception, she definitely wants nothing but perfection. And one of the most crucial details that she should not overlook is her wedding gown.
Every boutique provides a large selection of styles and designs that would fit the preference of the bride-to-be. She is always given the chance to pick what she wants and let the dressmaker alter it according to her liking.
However, before finally saying yes to the dress, you may want to take into consideration some tips to ensure the good quality of your gown.
1. Know your body type. Having a clear picture of your ideal gown is good but you should always remember to consider your body type. Doing so will help you highlight your best assets so you can feel more confident.
If you have a body that is pear-shaped, look for a dress that would put emphasis on your torso. A-line skirts are the best choice if you have this body type. If you are tall, intricately decorated dresses will look good on you. On the other hand, if you are curvy, refrain from wearing loose clothes since they will make you appear bigger.
2. Schedule your fitting in the morning. Most boutiques are already crowded during the afternoon and the staff may not be able to assist you very well. You may not get the service that you want and you may just feel disappointed when you can’t buy or try on your preferred wedding dress.
3. Buy wedding dress that best fits your personality. Just because the style of the dress is trendy doesn’t mean you already need to have it. Remember that this is your wedding and as much as possible, you would want your dress to reflect your character. Of course, you would like your guests to remember your big day as much as you do and you can achieve it by adding some personal touches to your dress.
4. Take a picture of your dress when you are fitting it. This way, you can already visualize yourself in your wedding day. Modify the details and alter some measurements if you think you have to. However, keep in mind that some dress shops do not permit this since they want to preserve the originality of their dresses.
5. Do not hesitate to ask questions. There are some boutiques that have this policy: Once you have paid for the gown and accessories, you cannot return them. They will just replace your item but will not give you a refund. This is one of the reasons why you should clarify your inquiries with the staff before finalizing your decision.